IAS Exam Pattern 2015
- UPSC has circulated a notification for the IAS Exam Pattern 2015 Prelims/Mains Exam & IAS Selection Process. Interested candidates can get this info through this page of recruitmentlauncher.com
- IAS exam is one of the toughest exams conducted by UPSC. Applicants need to prepare well for the exam according to the IAS Exam Pattern 2015 Prelims/Mains Exam.
- Aspirants should start doing the preparations and must be ready to crack the paper.
IAS Exam Pattern 2015 for Prelims/Mains Exam:
The competitive examination comprises of three successive stages:
- Civil Services – Preliminary Examination – Objective Type (Qualifier)
- Civil Services – Main Examination – Written Test
- Interview / Personality Test
IAS Preliminary Examination Pattern
- The Preliminary Examination consists of two papers of objective type (multiple-choice questions).
- The Question Papers (Test Booklets) are set in English & Hindi.
- There will be negative marking for wrong answers marked by a candidate in the objective type question papers except some of the questions where the negative marking will be in-built in the form of different marks being awarded to most appropriate and not so appropriate answer for such questions.
|Prelims Exam Objective Type (Qualifier)||Total marks||Time Duration|
|General Studies Paper – I||200 Marks||2 hours|
|General Studies Paper – II||200 Marks||2 hours|
IAS Main Examination Pattern
- The Main Examination will consist of 9 papers in total comprising of conventional essay type questions.
- Each paper will be of three hours duration.
|Main Exam – Essay Type Questions||Total Marks|
|Paper-I||One of the Indian Languages to be selected by the candidate from the 18 languages included in the VIIIth Schedule to the Constitution (Qualifying Paper)||300 Marks|
|Paper-II||English (Qualifying Paper)||300 Marks|
|Papers IV, V, VI & VII,||General Studies (250 Marks for each paper)||1000 Marks|
|Papers VIII & IX||Any one subjects (having 2 papers) to be selected from the prescribed optional subjects (250 marks for each paper)||500 Marks|
|Total Marks for Written Examination||1750 Marks|
|Interview Test||275 Marks|
|Grand Total||2025 Marks|
UPSC IAS Selection Process:
- Prelims exam is an exam to check the student aptitude.
- Only the candidates who qualify in the Preliminary Examination would be sent the detailed application form to apply for the Main Examination.
- It is mandatory for the candidate to appear in both the papers of Civil Services (Prelims) Examination for the purpose of evaluation. Therefore a candidate will be disqualified in case he/she does not appear in both the papers of Civil Services (Prelims) Examination.
- Once the results of the Preliminary Examination are announced, only the candidates who qualify in the Preliminary Examination would be sent the detailed application form to apply for the Main Examination.
- The aim of the paper is to test the candidate’s ability to read and understand serious discursive prose, and to express his/her ideas clearly.
- Candidates who obtain minimum qualifying marks in the Main Examination as may be fixed by the Commission at their discretion, shall be called by them for an interview / for a Personality Test.
- The number of candidates to be called for interview will be about twice the number of vacancies to be filled.
Find More Related Details
|IAS Application Form||IAS Preparation Tips By Toppers|
|IAS Syllabus||IAS Sample Paper|
|IAS Coaching Centers||IAS Interview Questions & Answers|
|IAS Success Stories||IAS Salary Structure|
Note: Dear aspirants for more information you may check the Official Website.