Current Affairs October 2014
Here on this page we are supplying latest Current Affairs October 2014 to aware you not even about our country but with the whole world. Current Affairs are the essential part of our lives as it helps us to stay connected with all ongoing events and problems of our surrounding. On this page, you can also find Latest News and Quiz Question & Answers or download the PDF file of current events online.
Current Affairs is an important part of any competitive exam, and not only competitive exams even exams held for jobs and Interviews also inherits questions on general awareness these days. The current affairs questions and answers we have provided on this page will be useful for you, which are based on the recent happenings news.
To cater the needs of competitor our team recruitmentlauncher.com provides latest Quiz Questions with Answers of Current Affairs October 2014. In this section of Current Affairs 2014, you will get latest information about all major events happening in our world.
Latest news of 2014
- SC ruled 3 percent quota for disabled persons in all government jobs
- World Health Organisation (WHO) honoured Bangladesh and Timor-Leste for Excellence in Public Health
- Raya Power to set up 50 MW solar park in Andhra Pradesh
- Chitresh Tatha is the youngest sailor at the Asian Games 2014
- SBI celebrated 150 years of its operations in Sri Lanka
- Peru to sign free trade pact with India
- Food inflation remains flat at 9.4 %
- Prime Minister Narendra Modi addressed United Nations (UN) General Assembly
- Jayalalithaa sentenced to 4 years in jail and a fine of 100 crore
- Justice H L Dattu Sworn in as Chief Justice of India
- Leander Paes wins Malaysian Open doubles title
- PM Narendra Modi addressed Indian-Americans at Madison Square Garden
- SBI signed 500 million dollar Line of Credit with Korea Eximbank
- Chief Minister of Maharashtra Prithviraj Chavan resigned
Questions and answers of Current Affairs October 2014
Q 1)Carolina Marin recently became the first European in 15 years to clinch the women’s singles title at the World Badminton Championships. From which country she is from?
Q 2) Which Union Ministry on 9 September 2014 launched Know Your Rights (KYR) portal?
(A) Ministry of Law
(B) Civil Aviation Ministry
(C) Ministry of Information Technology
(D) None of these
Q 3) Which team won the inaugural ‘Pro Kabaddi League’ recently?
(A) U Mumba
(B) Puneri Paltan
(C) Bengal Warriors
(D) Jaipur Pink Panthers
Q 4) Postal Service of which country recently decided to issue a special commemorative postage stamp in a tribute to legendary Telugu actor Akkineni Nageswara Rao?
(A) Sri Lanka
Q 5) High Court of which state recently banned religious sacrifice of animals at all places of public worship across the state?
(B) Himachal Pradesh
(D) Madhya Pradesh
Q 6) Goolam E Vahanvati who passed away recently was the former?
(A) Attorney General of India
(B) Chief Justice of India
(C) National Security Advisor
(D) Foreign Secretary of India
Q 7) India stands second in the world in fish production after which country in a recently released data?
(C) Sri Lanka
Q 8) Which state recently became the first State in the country to launch Health Adalat?
9) New railway time table has come into effect beginning September 1, 2014. Railway normally releases new train time table at which month every year?
(A) July 1
(B) June 1
(C) August 1
(D) March 1
Q 10) Department of Posts recently launched 8 commemorative postage stamps on?
(A) Heritage Sites in India
(B) Indian musicians
(C) Banking in India
(D) None of these
Hope that the above quiz provided is very beneficial for you to prepare for any exam. Our web portal recruitmentlauncher.com always tries to updates you with all latest news and events. Candidates stay connected with us and take the advantage of all updates.
You may also like to read: