Union Public service Commission has issued CDS Syllabus for Combined Defence Services Examination. Aspirants who are going to appear in this examination they need to check UPSC CDS Exam Syllabus For OTA/IMA. They can also download CDS Syllabus 2016 in PDF form.
CDS exam is one of the biggest exams for inducting officers into the Indian Military that is Army, Navy and Air force. Male and female both are eligible for to apply for the exam.
To clear the CDS exam is not an easy task applicants must have to prepare well according to CDS Syllabus 2016, so that they don’t have to face any difficulty in the exam.CDS Syllabus is very important thing while preparing for any competitive exam candidates should have to prepare accordingly to crack the exam. So, you should prepare according to given CDS Syllabus.
Applicants may check the entire UPSC CDS Exam Syllabus for OTA / IMA in the below section which is provided by the squad of recruitmenlauncher.com.
CDS Syllabus for English
The question paper is designed to test your understanding of English and workmanlike use of words.
Questions in English are from Synonyms
- Reading Comprehension
- Para Jumbles
- Error Spotting
- Jumbled Sentences
- Sentence Correction
- Fill in the Blanks.
CDS Syllabus for General Knowledge:
General Knowledge including knowledge of current events and of such matters of everyday observation and experience in scientific aspects as may be expected of an educated person who has not made a special study of any scientific subject. The paper also includes questions on History of India and Geography of a nature.
Elementary Mathematics Syllabus
- Number System – Natural numbers
- Rational and Real numbers
- Fundamental operations addition
- Square roots
- Decimal fractions
Unitary method –
- time and distance
- time and work
- applications to simple and compound interest
- profit and loss
- ratio and proportion
Elementary Number Theory –
- Division algorithm
- Prime and composite numbers
- Tests of divisibility by 2, 3, 4, 5, 9 and 11
- Multiples and factors
- Factorisation Theorem
- H.C.F. and L.C.M. Euclidean algorithm
- Logarithms to base 10
- laws of logarithms
- use of logarithmic tables
- Basic Operations
- Simple factors
- Remainder Theorem
- H.C.F., L.C.M
- Theory of polynomials
- solutions of quadratic equations
- relation between its roots and coefficients (Only real roots to be considered)
- Simultaneous linear equations in two unknowns-analytical and graphical solutions
- Simultaneous linear equations in two variables and their solutions
- Practical problems leading to two simultaneous linear equations or inequations in two variables or quadratic equations in one variable & their solutions
- Set language and set notation, Rational expressions and conditional identities, Laws of indices.
Sine x, cosine x, Tangent x when 0 < x < 90 degrees, Values of sin x, cos x and tan x, for x = 0, 30, 45, 60 and 90 degrees, Simple trigonometric identities, Use of trigonometric tables, simple cases of heights and distances.
CDS Syllabus of Geometry
Lines and angles, Plane and plane figuresTheorems on:
I. Properties of angles at a point
II. Parallel lines,
III. Sides and angles of a triangle,
IV. Congruency of triangles,
V. Similar triangles,
VI. Concurrence of medians and altitudes,
- Properties of angles, sides and diagonals of a parallelogram, rectangle and square
- Circles and its properties including tangents and normals,
- Areas of squares
- triangle and circle
- Areas of figures which can be split up into these figures (Field Book
- Surface area and volume of cuboids
- lateral surface and volume of right circular cones and cylinders
- Surface area and volume of spheres.
- Collection and tabulation of statistical data
- Graphical representation frequency polygons
- bar charts
- pie charts
- Measures of central tendency.
Intelligence and Personality Test
- In addition to the interview the candidates will be put to Intelligence Tests both verbal and non-verbal, designed to assess their basic intelligence.
- Aspirants will also be put to Group Tests like GD, group planning, outdoor group tasks, and asked to give brief lectures on specified subjects.
- All these tests are intended to judge the mental ability of a candidate. In broad terms, this is really an assessment of not only his intellectual qualities but also his social traits and interests in current affairs.
Note: For more details visit Official site of UPSC.
Find More Related Details
|CDS Notification||CDS Sample Papers|
|CDS Eligibility Criteria||Career Success Tips|
|UPSC Calendar||UPSC Notification|