Career In Jewellery Designing
It is fascinating and enchanting for all of us to put together the creativity and fancy skills, are you looking up to enhance your Career In Jewellery Designing ? If yes, then in this article you’ll get all details about Jewellery Designing Career, its job Opportunities, scope in present globalization, eligibility, etc.
Our country is world renowned for its Jewellery designing, manufacturing and trading since ancient times. Currently this industry has commercialized this art and it has opened new boundaries for all those who desire to have their future within their passion.
Today, jewel designing as a career is flourishing like it never ever before. This profession is actually rewarding as it offers a chance for all who has a creative mind. The great expansion in the gems and jewels industry has brought lots of employment opportunities for jewel designers.
- Exhibition Manager
- Production Manager
- Casting Manager
- Assistant Manager in Exploration
- Writer & Drafter
- Embroidery Maker & Innovator
- Manager in Museum & Art Gallery
- Sales Representative
- Fashion Consultant
- Planning and Concept Manager
- Gem Grinder/Polisher/ Assorter
- Gemstone Appraiser
- Jewellery Setter
- Jewel Business Owner
- Sales associate
- Jewellery Historian
- Grading Consultant
- Auction House Cataloguer
- Gem Retailing/ Wholesaling
- Research and Development Organizations
- Educational Institutions
- Garments and Design Firms
- Material Purchase Logistics Jobs
- Marketing Industry
- Manufacturing Industry
- Hospitality Jobs
- Writing and Publishing Houses
- Cultural & Art Jobs
- Model Making Jobs
- Jewellery Houses
- Precious Stones Consultancies
- Jewellery Designing Companies
- Antique Houses
- Auction Houses
Mostly, the students commence their business by setting up own production house and if one joins an export house, he/she can see and get of many new designs in the international market. As a independent designer one’s job is to draw a design according to the specifications of the jewelers’ house. one also requires to direct the manufacturing process of the jewelry by the craftsman of the jewelers’ house.
Basically, an individual with a fair sense of designing, creating and imaginations also have skills to understand latest trends then this is a right career option for such person. one can learn everything else while learning at training period.
- Some jewelry designers may require little to know formal education or training. They may start designing jewelry and eventually become more successful with hard work, dedication, and experience.
- College courses and degree programs in jewelry making and design, however, can help aspiring jewelry makers refine their skills. Art schools and some traditional colleges and universities might offer classes in jewelry design, metalworking, and gemology.
- Serious jewelry designers might also want to consider completing an apprenticeship under another successful jewelry designer before striking out on their own. These types of apprenticeships can help designers gain valuable experience, and learn useful tips and tricks for designing their own jewellery.
- Ample of job opportunities and with attractive salaries makes this profession just the perfect to consider as a career option. Pay skill can differ depending on the education and experiences of designer.
- At the beginning, one can expect salary around Rs 7000 to Rs 8000 each month. With experience, from Rs 18,000 to Rs 20,000 or even more. Top-rated designers can easily earn salaries in excess of Rs 1 lakh a month.
As an private owner of your own business, your earnings will completely depend upon your creativity and skills in marketing. Thus, there for you no limit for how much you can earn.
Top Few Companies
- Renowned jewellery brands; Tanishq, Swarovski, Nakshatra, Gili
- Jewellery making and designing units
- Jewellery shops and showrooms
- Top goldsmiths
- Antique and art auction houses
Few Affiliated Colleges
- NIFT Campus, opposite Gulmohar Park, Hauz Khas, New Delhi.
- Srimati Nathibai Damodar Training (SNDT) Women’s University, Mumbai.
- Gem and Jewellery Export Promotion Council, Rajasthan Bhavan, Jaipur.
- Small Industries Service Institute, Chennai.
- Jewellery Export Promotion Council, D-15 Commerce Centre, Tardeo, Mumbai.
- Indian Institute of Jewellery, Modern Centre, 101, Sane Guruji Marg, Mahalaxmi, Mumbai.
- Jewellery Design and Technology Institute (JDTI), Noida.
- South Delhi Polytechnic for Women, Lajpat Nagar IV, New Delhi.
- St. Xavier’s College, Geology Department, Mumbai.
There are many more affiliated universities in India and abroad too. It is a fast growing business presently in the country therefore it offers excellent career opportunities to professional executives. Graduates with specialization in Jewellery Design and Management are really in demand globally.
With a great growth of the organized jewel industry, ample of job openings and exciting highly paid salaries, it’s never been a better time to consider jewellry designing as a career option.
Other links you might be interested in